AUGUST MONTHLY FAVOURITES

by - September 13, 2017


Hi lovelies!

Today I bring you my August monthly faves! I'm really excited because this is the first 'favourites' post I've ever written, and I'm excited that I've actually got some products to mention - I'm one of those who tends to stick with what I know! In addition to all of the products I mention below, all the products I talk about in my Skincare Routine post are also included, I just didn't want to be repeating myself so I don't bother mentioning them (if you want to have a nose, you can go over to the post and have a read).

My first monthly favourite that I've been loving is the Milani Conceal and Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation and Concealer (£13 - Beauty Bay). I finally bought this when they came out with the shade '00 - Light Natural' because I am a pale person and I knew that the other shades would be either too dark or too orange on my vampire-esque skin. Although this doesn't match my skin tone perfectly, it's close enough, and I like to mix it with other foundations so I get the correct colour with amazing coverage. The Milani foundation is definitely a high coverage foundation but doesn't feel too heavy on the skin, and unlike other heavy duty foundations (MAC, I'm talking to you), didn't break me out. This has quickly become one of my favourites!



My next monthly favourite is my deeply cherished Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette. This is one of those, 'get it while you can' kind of deals. Although it is limited edition, Jaclyn has said that Morphe will keep restocking it until everyone has one, but it will eventually stop being available. I originally got it from the Morphe website and had to wait about a week and a half for it to be shipped to me here in the U.K. Myself and two other friends went in to make shipping and customs a little bit cheaper, so altogether we paid around $130, which converts to about £98.50 meaning we paid just over £32.80 for each palette (I believe it will be available on Beauty Bay during the next restock but I don't know how man units they plan on stocking). Back to the palette itself, the colours are purely amazing, the pigmentation of every single shadow is unreal and the creamy formula is just to die for. There is a bunch of colours in the palette to compliment every skin tone and there are an endless amount of looks you can create with it. They could easily have doubled their price point and it would still have been value for money. I urge you to get one while you still can! It has quickly become the favourite palette in my collection!




Next is the L.A. Girl PRO.conceal HD Concealer Green Corrector (currently £4 - Beauty Bay). I bought this because I can suffer with quite bad rosacea (extreme redness) on my face. It can sometimes be so bad that high coverage foundations and concealers don't cover it. I decided to give this a go as I'd heard positive reviews about the yellow toned concealer. It is truly amazing at counteracting the red! After I've moisturised and primed, I apply it to the affected areas on my face and blend it in with a foundation brush, and continue with my routine as normal. It hides the red very well and the consistency of the concealer is nice and blendable - I definitely want to try out the normal concealer shades of this!



Another monthly favourite(s) of mine are the Jeffree Star Liquid Lipsticks (Usually £16 but two shades are currently on sale for £12.80 - Beauty Bay). I currently only own a handful of J* liquid lipsticks; Androgyny, Chrysanthemum, Pumpkin Pie, I'm Shook (collab with Manny MUA), and I did also have Virginity but I sold it on as it didn't suit my colouring. I'm next in the market for Mannequin and Celebrity Skin - at £16 a go, it doesn't exactly break the bank but for people who are a bit in a tight spot with money (Student Finance, where are you?) it's definitely a treat every now and again - besides, I think if you have to wait for something you really want, it makes it more worthwhile when you eventually get it! All of the liquid lipsticks I've tried from his collection so far are just amazing. The formula is extremely long lasting, doesn't dry or crack the lips and barely needs reapplying throughout the day. It's also very creamy and so easy to work with - this is coming from someone who openly admits lip makeup is her weakness! If you don't already own any Jeffree Star liquid lips, and you can get your hands on some then definitely do so; if you're a fellow Brit, Beauty Bay often do a couple for a few pound off making them more affordable.



My last monthly favourite is the Morphe M441 Blending Crease Brush (£5.50 - Beauty Bay). This brush... oh my, this brush! It might be the best brush in the world. I honestly can't think of one single bad thing to say about it. It's precise, it doesn't shed, it deposits product exactly where you want it, it blends out like a dream. Honesty. It's £5.50. Buy it.



That wraps up my August monthly favourites - I really enjoyed creating this post, so if I have enough to make a September Favourites then I definitely will!

Thanks for reading,

You May Also Like

0 comments